[Slowhand] Re :DoyleII

weedweed@tiscali.fr weedweed at tiscali.fr
Tue Oct 28 16:25:32 EST 2003

>Agree totally.....I saw Doyle play on the Roger Waters IN THE >FLESH tour,...he tried to re-produce David Gilmour's brilliant >guitar work, but I did not think it worked.....volume control >again.

I attended 3 EC show in 2001, one at the RAH and 2 in Paris Bercy. All with desastrous sound from the opening night (I was in circle section on RAH that didn't help...). In fact I think that on the second night I miss the first half of his set, and the third night I came later to the venue and attended final song only.

I got the DVD from the In the flesh tour but I saw his remplacent on the world tour leg. Doyle is a gifted guitarist but simply it fit not Gilmour's style whereas Chester Kamen does. It was a great show minus the (to my ear) the first solo on SOYCD(1-5) by Snowy White. And to come back on a more EC related subject, I very appreciated the short but efficient (and too rare) solo by Andy Fairweather Low on Money.