[Slowhand] RE: Slowhand Digest, Vol 1, Issue 22

Robert dablues at austin.rr.com
Tue Oct 28 18:51:16 EST 2003

You guys don't get it. Roger Waters was not looking for a David Gilmour
clone. That is why he chose
Doyle in the first place. I thought Doyle did a fabulous job adding his own
Texas tone to the guitar
solos and also singing on some of the songs. Doyle has a fatter tone than
Gilmour and Chester.
Chester sounded very thin from the few clips I've heard of those shows.
Clapton sounded thin too
when he played with Roger a few years ago. Doyle's meatier tone made the
difference in those
shows with Roger in 99 and 01.

Message: 8