[Slowhand] RE: Slowhand Digest, Vol 1, Issue 23

Nirmal Moodley nmoodley at lg0331.kzntl.gov.za
Thu Oct 30 07:42:21 EST 2003

From: "Robert" <dablues at austin.rr.com>:

>>"Roger Waters was not looking for a David Gilmour
clone."

Nobody said that, we just agreed that we were more impressed by the Original
guitarist's work.

>>"Doyle did a fabulous job adding his own
Texas tone to the guitar"

If Texas tone means PLAYING LOUD ,....then hell yes!!!....he did a great
job!!!

>>"Doyle's meatier tone..." + "Doyle has a fatter tone than
Gilmour and Chester."

I am totally NOT IMPRESSED by Doyle's vocals....shallow , boring, , common
(my opinion)

Anyway, enough of this ....lets get back to EC.

CHEERS!