[Slowhand] Slowhand-And The Volume Knob!!!!

Daniel Kimball texasbluboy at houston.rr.com
Thu Oct 30 12:03:02 EST 2003

Although I didn't get to see any of the shows that Doyle played at, and
didn't hear the volume that he played at, I remember the times when Eric
was accused of the same thing.  When he was with Cream, the volume was
astronomical to say the least.  And now a lot of us, me included miss
the days when Eric would kick back, turn the volume up as loud as it
would go and crank out some of the loudest music that ever was on the
face of the Earth!!!!  And back then I don't recall anyone comparing
tone, and great sounds coming from this kind of amp or that, all that
was mentioned was- "Man, Cream was soooo Freakin' Loud I couldn't hear
for a week after we left that show man!"  Now, when someone cranks it up
we get all perturbed and distraught over it all, not that it's not
warranted, all I am saying is it's amazing what 20 or 30 years can do to
your taste in the volume knob on an amplifier and guitar.  Have a great
week all, and that's all I got to say about that.  Think I'll go and
crank my Marshall up with my Custom built Fender Strat and let er
wail!!!!

Keep on Rockin'
Daniel"TexasBluBoy"Kimball