[Slowhand] Re: Slowhand-And The Volume Knob!!!!

ToeKneeF slowhandnj at comcast.net
Fri Oct 31 12:28:33 EST 2003

I don't think its just the loudness as much as the quality of what is
being played. My recollection of Cream, Who (Tommy at the Fillmore), Led
Zeppelin, etc. was that they were loud (some had my ears ringing the
following morning) but the sound was clear, not muddy, and the
musicianship was above par.

Eric was as loud as Doyle, but the sound was much more disctinct, with
none of the murkiness. With Doyle II it was clear that the amps were
being overdriven and the distortion was painful. Couple that with the
weak singing and pedestrian soloing and you have one not so enjoyable
performane. Witness the mass exodus from the arena! As I said in a
band leader. His contributions to his father's recent CD are more
focused and tighter than anything I've heard him do solo.

temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. "
Benjamin Franklin