[Slowhand] Fender's Clapton series Strat

DAVID cruise dcruise at adelphia.net
Sat Nov 8 19:20:27 EST 2003

Well I have finally saved up the money for a Clapton Strat, but have a
few questions that nobody seems to be able to really answer for me, so
maybe some of you Strat owners can help.  I have always loved the 89-90
7up green strat but never really warmed up to the lace pickups, I now
see they make a candy green Clapton strat with the new noiseless
pickups, I have not been able to find any picture of this color and
Fenders new color chart on their website says the candy green and
torinio red colored pictures are coming soon, so no help their.  Does
anyone know if this color favors the 7up green? Also the fender website
says the Candy green paint finish is polyurethane,  what does that mean?
What type of finish are the other colors?  This will be a played
instrument and I'd like it to eventually get the cool paint wear
markings, Is this possible with the poly finish. Thanks for any help
anyone has.

DAVID cruise
http://www.davidcruise.us