[Slowhand] Concert for George

Kevin Wilson kevin.wilson at arivia.co.za
Wed Nov 26 01:37:40 EST 2003

Hi Tracy

I haven't seen the video yet, but from reports and pictures, here's my take:
Marc Mann is the guy wearing the driver cap. It was reported that he handled all George's slide pieces. At some or other point in the show Albert Lee plays a bright blue Stratocaster. Although Albert Lee has a reputation for being a musician's musician, this was probably simply a paid session for him.

Was Dave Markee actually named? My take on him is that he is very out of favour in the EC camp after continuously trying to "convert" Eric to Christianity in the early 80's. He's never been back since he and the rest of the band were fired around the time of Money and Cigarettes, while all the rest have in one form or another. He is also the source of much of the negative commentary against Eric in the book, "The Edge of Darkness", or at least it's heavily alluded to by the author. Dave Bronze was at the concert. Check out the Ringo numbers. At times he looks like Eric's brother - if you went to links I posted to the Digest last week, you will see why I say so. The 80's band relationship with George? Who knows, perhaps drinking buddies at some or other stage.

Kevin