[Slowhand] Dave Bronze Interview & Robin Trower

Kevin Wilson kevin.wilson at arivia.co.za
Wed Nov 26 02:15:22 EST 2003

 <http://members.shaw.ca/stevesplace/DaveBronzepage.htm> http://members.shaw.ca/stevesplace/DaveBronzepage.htm

Check out this link to an interview with Dave Bronze by Steve Shail. Nothing new on the EC side, just some insight from another humble Clapton musician, here and there.
I can't place a date on the interview, but it's probably from the late 90's. Also has info on Bronze's relationship with Robin Trower.

Also this report from the same sight from 18 December 2002: "Dave has been keeping busy this last while.  The rehearsals for the Harrison tribute took three weeks and then he went to Italy with Eric Clapton to do a show for Ferrari. Dave will be joining Davey Pattison and Robin (Trower) early in January to finish up the songs for Robin's next release. Dave is co-producing this."

Off the subject of Dave Bronze, and onto Robin Trower: You know that famous quotation from Eric (Clapton) regarding Stevie Ray Vaughan, which goes something like: "I was travelling in my car, listening to the radio and heard this guitar. And I said to myself, 'I haven't heard this piece by Jimi Hendrix.' Then I found out it was this dude Stevie Ray Vaughan - amazing man". Well, EC was once quoted as saying something along the same lines about Robin Trower, shortly after he first appeared as the new main axe wielder. These days Robin Trower falls into the same league as Gary Moore in Clapton interviews - he's existence is ignored.
Kevin

NOTICE: Please note that this eMail, and the contents thereof, is subject to the standard arivia.kom email disclaimer which may be found at:  http://www.arivia.co.za/disclaimer.htm.  If you cannot access the disclaimer through the URL attached, and you wish to receive a copy thereof, please send an eMail to disclaimer at arivia.co.za or call (011) 233-0800. You will receive the disclaimer by return email or fax.