[Slowhand] The Nothing But The Blues Mystery

Ken Norris Ken_Norris at umit.maine.edu
Sat Nov 29 11:26:01 EST 2003

I am still trying to figure out what happened to the Nothing But The Blues video. Clearly the initial strategy back then was to put out a video rather than a live album. Scorsese shot it, it aired once, and then promptly disappeared. Why?

Some people have said Clapton didn{t like Andy Newmark{s drumming. Another thing I heard was that, because they were using archival footage of a lot of artists, some people or their estates were asking for too much money. This actually sounds more
plausible to me. Are there any other theories out there?

The video was originally given a release date and a catalogue number, right? Were there any review copies sent out?

Can we hear from anyone who knows anything about what happened with this, and why it was never released?

Best,

Ken