[Slowhand] Re: Claptons minimal effort

LukeLinus lukelinus at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 4 14:34:04 EST 2003

>what news comes out is that
>he's collaborating with the likes of Sting, Bruce
>Hornsby, and Doyle Bramhall II..

just to set the record straight. When I mentioned EC
recording with Bruce Hornsby, we are talking Bruces
next album, not ECs. Hornsby has lost his long lasting
record contract with RCA/BMG. He wants to find a new
MAJOR label to go from here. He s been very busy
contributing songs pro bono for other artists over the
last 15 years. So all HE did is asking a favor from
others to contribute on HIS record so his chances for
some attention increases. Other notable names will be
Sting and Elton John. I find it legit for Bruce and I
respect EC for helping out. This doesnt say anything
about the way EC is headed in my humble opinion.

best Regards
Peter / Germany

last show: Peter Gabriel
next show: Randy Newman