[Slowhand] the L word?

James Fox jbm90501 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 4 16:05:56 EST 2003

  I don't know if "lazy" is the right word to use.
After years of doing something is it "lazy" to not do
it with the same feeling?  Maybe.
 Let's say you have a good rep as an artist.  Somebody
asks you to do something a little different with the
ceiling of their worship area & they say "please Mr.
Angelo, make it inspirational...".  You put alot into
it & alot of people smile.  Somebody else comes along
with "I love what you did over there, can you do
something over here?"  You do another & then another &
after awhile  people start talking about you with
heavenly phrases.  After 20 years of painting do you
think you'd want to direct your energy in a different
way?  Maybe.  Redirected, I'm not trying to play a
word game but "lazy" carries a bad ring to it.
  Preparing yourself & allowing the exectional to
happen can be a complex process.  And I know there's a
time-line difference between creating visual art over
a long period as compared to an inspired musical
phrase but it was an image that came to mind even
though I've never painted a ceiling other than the
latex-mostly-with-a-roller gig.  Well, ... there was
this day in the late '60s when I sprayed some color on
a temporary cardboard ceiling in a basement listening
room but that's a different subject.
  I wonder what Hendrix would be playing if __