[Slowhand] EC and Friends movie (from Tribeca Film Fest.)

Dan quadzila at optonline.net
Fri Dec 5 12:44:44 EST 2003

Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone has info on the possible DVD release of the
documentary "Eric Clapton and
Friends" that was shown last May at the Tribeca film Festival? I sent an
email to the directors email address
listed at the Tribeca website but haven't heard back.

BTW, I found the below quote of Eric's from the movie regarding his playing.
It doesn't get into "on fire" vs. "laid
back" (I wouldn't say lazy). Anyone know of other recent EC quotes regarding
his playing style?

"I play for the band, and we play for each other," Clapton says in the film.
"With the audience, I don't try to read their minds. I think if we please
ourselves and we're happy, then that is contagious. Whereas if we try to
patronize the audience, that would be insulting, and they would sense that."

Dan
Quadzila at optonline.net