[Slowhand] accepting Eric "warts and all" (fixed2)

Gaetano Villari gaefvill at tin.it
Mon Dec 8 12:09:23 EST 2003

Well said, Larry. Eric Clapton has proved by far among the best musicians in
the last century and so far. In my opinion and taking all musical skills
into account, he is the best. Which doesn't mean I look at anything he does
with no critical sense. I have my personal preferences and ideas about his
career's phases, his songs and playing as well as any choice I know he's
making in either his professional or personal life. Yet, whether Eric likes
it or not, and I guess he doesn't, I'm sure he's a genius and his work is a
milestone in contemporary history. And once such levels of excellence have
been reached by an artist, and of affection by the fans, anything should be
accepted "warts and all". Long live Eric!
Best wishes
Gaetano

Message: 2