[Slowhand] Top ten guitarist

weedweed@tiscali.fr weedweed at tiscali.fr
Sun Dec 14 09:05:11 EST 2003

Hi,

There are so many good guitarist with so many style that making a
top ten seem completly useless now. Some of them made history, the
Yardbirds trilogy among them plus Hendrix, some other didn't.
But who will name in his top ten Tore Elgaroy for his works on Lee
Clayton's live album Another Night,
Who will name Duane Aslaksen for his work on Roky Erickson's album
Gremlins Have picture,
Who will name Steve Hunter for his work on the only album by
Detroit.

Not to mention Angus Young, Richie Blackmore, Roy Buchanan(RIP),
Slash, Brian May, Steve Howe, Jim thackery, Mike Campbel, Lindsay
Buckingham, Albert Lee (his long solo on Cocaine in Bremen 1983 make
me crazy every time I listen to it), Alvin Lee and so many others...

I think that a top ten guitarist for album released in 2003 would
fit more.

Just my humble opinion.

PS :

Yes I can't stand waiting for the european leg of EC next tour.
So does anyone know if it is planned that Japan TV broadcast one of
the show as usual?

It seems that 24th Nov. Saitama show was recorded, as Fuji TV
broadcasted about 30 seconds of I shot the sheriff.

Regards
JYB