[Slowhand] Re: we here on Slowhand Digest give our support to EC

a linden roante04 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 24 03:00:52 EST 2003

DeltaNick,

You're so funny and incredily talented ;*), thanks for
your wise and thruthful remarks on my message.
It's really hilarious to read your opinions on
Clapton's autopilot playing and his current inability
to play guitar as you'd like him to.
Your nice comments make me always nostalgic, because
we used to have arguments like this about
guitarpalyers, when I was at school during the
sixties. I always thought this guitarsolo-thing was a
thing of the past, but no, here we have all that great
stuff once again.

Sadly, I think EC moved away from this kind of
nonsense when he heard Music from Big Pink and
realised, that a guitarsolo as such, didn't mean a
thing. It's all about music and songs and the
feelings.

Yes, I think Mayall's way of doing the blues is a bit
outdated, I thought so, when I heard Beano on 1967
after hearing Disraeli Gears.

I'm not bored with blues, I love From the Cradle and
Riding with the King, but I think here the musicians
are much better, than on the Mayall DVD and the're
playing the blues in a modern way. I think Clapton was
at his best doing the NBTB -tour. Recordings I've
heard from Japan 2003 sound quite bluesy and not lazy
at all and I'm really waiting for the 2004 European
dates and the new albums, but I don't think EC will
return to his 60's style.

I'll keep on praising Mr. Clapton as long as he keeps
on moving my heart with his incredible musical talent.
I hope he''l have that guitar round his neck for years
to come and plays it the way he pleases.

DeltaNick as we're having a Xmastime and I'm sure we
both love Clapton's music very much, I must say how
nice it's to discuss these things.

Peace
Ande