[Slowhand] Re: Auto-Pilot and Our Support

JEliz9090 at aol.com JEliz9090 at aol.com
Wed Dec 24 08:13:31 EST 2003

> I just don't understand how some folks accept any crap as good music, what
> would make you happy on a newsgroup if we made a rule that we only say good
> things about EC's playing regardless of how lousy it is in
> the last 30 or so
> years?

Some thoughts from a long time lurker.  Just because you think something is crap doesn't make it so.  Nobody is saying you have to like everything or that you aren't entitled to your opinion or even that you can't offer some criticism.  But don't tell me I like crap, because I don't.  We don't all like the same art, movies or literature, why do you assume we all have the same opinion when it comes to music?

The problem I have with this whole discussion is the arrogance of those that insist he's not trying hard enough or that he should be doing more or better or that somehow he should do something to make you happy.  Those of you who think that will never be satisfied because you will always think he could be better no matter what he does and by always concentrating on the negative you miss everything else.  It's like being disappointed by one guitar solo in a two hour concert.  You are always going to be disappointed because Eric Clapton is not going to be who you want him to be.  Eric Clapton is the person he wants to be and when you can accept that it's not all about "YOU" then maybe you'll be able to appreciate the whole of his music not just the individual notes.

Joni