[Slowhand] Nile Rogers quote...

RonTash at webtv.net RonTash at webtv.net
Mon Dec 29 02:07:03 EST 2003

    Hey Nick, I didn't get this from the alligators in the sewers file,
I read this in a respectable music/guitar magazine when the Jimi tribute
was being recorded.  At the risk of being redundant, I have seen/heard
Eric play like he used to a couple of times in the past ten years.  I
have played guitar in the style of EC and others for decades and well
enough to get on stage with most anybody that comes through town without
embarrassing myself so I know the guitar side of this issue...trust me,
he can still so it when he chooses and I'll grant you that it is rare
for him to choose to go there.  Your guess is as good as mine as to why
he is so reticent to pull out the stops and let it fly.  I'm sure I
wrote of the evening at the Tacoma Dome I believe in 94 when after a
break the lights went down and out came Eric and Nathan and Steve and
Ray Cooper lined up onstage as Cream used to and they did a ten minute
vamp that was as good as anything I'd heard Cream do, just burning and
funky and inspiring.  I was floored and like anybody there was
scratching my head afterword...why doesn't he do this more often?  Who
knows...best, rn

http://community.webtv.net/RonTash/ThePeanutGalleries