[Slowhand] Albany

Richie mrnybluesman at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 09:31:15 EDT 2004

Saw the Albany show last night....thought it was the
best show I had seen him do since the 1994 Blues tour.
Doyle is a good addition. The show was solid...you all
know the setlist...of course I would change it.
Certain songs stood out...but this was not an
auto-pilot show in my opinion. I do not think many of
the Pilgrim..Reptile shows were that good. I would
really like to know how EC puts a show together at
this point. Anyway...I will admit to being biased as I
to disassociate the feelings and memories he has given
me. After all..he is the reason I picked up the
guitar. I still don't understand why with a band as
good as his they can't throw in a few different songs
every night. We all know he has the material..and I
would think it would keep the band fresh. Walk Out In
The Rain and Got To Get Better were great
additions..would liked to see more nuggets. Others
should be hung up for retirement.
Was great to see him again...

Richie