[Slowhand] Re: R:R:R:R: Blackie

DeltaNick deltanick at comcast.net
Sun Jun 27 09:06:32 EDT 2004

Gaetano wrote:

>> you should look out for somebody else <<

Hmmm. I think I should do what I want to do.

>> Do you want some other flavour or intensity while listening to his solos?
<<

When they're like "Lay Down Sally" and "Wonderful Tonight": absolutely. When
they're good, passionate, and intense: I couldn't ask for more.

>> an artist and art has an aesthetic and cultural value for itself <<

>> more culturally valuable than a Kandinsky's masterpiece <<

>> Art is often hard to understand and you may not like it, but that doesn't
affect or diminish its cultural meaning. <<

I'll let the above three lines speak for themselves. I wouldn't want to
lessen their impact on the reader.

>> you can of course have your personal dislikes about Eric's art but can't
state them as absolute values, because they're subjective, then arguable. <<

There you go again, telling me what I should and should not do.

>> And obviously I'm delighted to read them here as long as they're put
forward as personal opinions. The point is, DeltaNick, that I've often read
you here state some very personal and subjective opinions as if they were
stone-engraved drops of Truth you were lavishly passing on to free us all
from Evil. <<

That's YOUR problem. I have never in my life written the words "absolute
values" on any page or web site. And I don't believe that I've EVER written
the word "evil" here.

Mostly, what I state ARE my opinions. However, I think it would be redundant
to say so, when I sign my name to the end of each e-mail. I think that most
readers know this, but a few have problems figuring this out.

                DeltaNick