[Slowhand] Blackie

Grant Abt g.abt at ucsm.ac.uk
Sun Jun 27 09:43:15 EDT 2004

DeltaNick,

What you say about Blackie may be carry some weight, although for me,
Wonderful Tonight is great because of its simplicity (great music
doesn't have to be complex). However, for me the price paid for Blackie
reflects one thing: how EC felt about the guitar. EC has been asked
about it numerous times and he always says that of all his guitars,
Blackie is his favourite. So, it may not have produced his greatest
music (debatable), but listen to the man himself and use that as a
guide as to why someone would pay almost US$1 Million for it. This is
why people, us, the fans, love that guitar too.

Grant.
p.s. I think the tone from Blackie on 'Just One Night' is fantastic.