[Slowhand] importance of blackie

Apurva Parikh apuraja8 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 27 17:58:01 EDT 2004

I had a feeling this debate would arise, I firmly stand in between. While I
agree on some levels with DeltaNick, about the guitar not being associated
with the guitar playing I love most, I do see why it's an important guitar
for Eric. It symbolized his "comeback" into the mainstream, out of his
heroin addiction and although much of the 70's he was in a drunken stupor on
stage, playing his heart out, the guitar Blackie was by his side. Most of
all Eric feels pride that he himself "made" the guitar, with his best
intentions. Most of the Wonderful tonight fan demographic of Eric's
associates him with a black fender, I would say the diehard fans cannot see
that relationship or do they think it symbolizes anything but the worst in
Eric's music. However, Eric sees the guitar as such a person thing, that I
am sure it broke his heart to see it being sold, even though it was his
intention to put it up for auction..

I think most of us on the list, know what to expect from DeltaNick, and I
for one know his postings are HIS opinions, and speak only for his thoughts.
Some of us can agree, some can disagree, but that's the best part about
lists like these, to share our opinions.. When you start focusing in on
intentions and caveats you take away the spirit of forums like these.

AAP