[Slowhand] Blackie

Richard Batty rtcb at comcast.net
Sun Jun 27 20:05:13 EDT 2004

Well, we can debate forever the music made with that guitar and whether we
personally liked it or not.  But it seems to me as several have posted that
it is representative of something special as far as EC goes.  If it were
not, I don’t think it would have sold for nearly $1 million.  Again we can
attempt to guess what that was.  Only EC knows for sure.

Maybe it was the one thing that kept him alive in those troubled years,
knowing someone inside him in the drunken haze that music was his God-given
gift and he could not throw that away by dying.  I could be completely
wrong.  But it is wonderful to me that it raised so much money for a great
cause, providing benefit again after a time I like to think it kept our man
alive.

Richard