[Slowhand] Guitar Center Boo Boo

DeltaNick deltanick at comcast.net
Thu Jul 1 20:57:51 EDT 2004

The Strat Collector Web Site interview with Brooks & Dunn from Guitar Center
has a real boo boo. One of those two, Brooks or Dunn, said that the ES-335
was the guitar used on the "Wheels Of Fire" "Crossroads" performance.

"A journalist asks: 'What made you so determined to get these guitars,
particularly these two [referring to Blackie and the 1964 Gibson ES-335]?'
Belzer replies: 'They are very important historically in rock'n' roll. The
red 335 is considered to have been the instrument that one of the best and
greatest solos in Rock and Roll, 'Crossroads,' was done on and it was Eric's
guitar for 30 years"
(http://www.stratcollector.com/newsdesk/archives/000257.html).

WRONG!!!

The famous recording of "Crossroads" was performed by Clapton with his
psychedelic Gibson SG.

EVERYBODY knows that.

Let me correct myself: Everybody back then knew that.

Makes me laugh. The one about Blackie was a real whopper, wasn't it?

                DeltaNick