[Slowhand] MSG

Mark Deavult mark at inna.net
Fri Jul 2 22:50:46 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richie" <mrnybluesman at yahoo.com>
To: <slowhand at planet-torque.com>
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 4:23 PM
Subject: [Slowhand] MSG

> *snip* ...but I do not see how you can fault the
> essence of what you came to see EC do....play guitar.

Amen to that, brothers and sisters.

And while the MSG shows were good - not great, but good - Philly was a home
run. I don't know what it is about the town, but EC seems always to put in a
really good show there.  Check out "Got to Get Better", no comparison with
most other performances at least on the US leg of the tour.

EC's also changed the way it's being played ... with a wry smile, Steve Gadd
is now leading into it with a drum intro just like on the Fillmore
recordings - for those who get the reference I guess ;)

Be careful with this, it will peel the paint off the walls and have you
playing air guitar!

http://www.geetarz.org/reviews/clapton/2004-06-26-philly-gtgbialw.mp3

Cheers,
Mark