[Slowhand] Clapton remark on concert bootlegging

Jeff French jfrench67 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 3 23:28:35 EDT 2004

This was posted on another forum recently.  Don't remember seeing it here, sorry if it's been posted before...

http://www.1069thefox.com/ClassicRockReport.asp

ERIC CLAPTON SAYS CONCERT BOOTLEGGING ISN'T ALL BAD
Most big venues have rules against taping concerts, but Eric Clapton isn't really opposed to it. He told us that he won't necessarily freak out if you're trying to get a copy of the show for yourself: "In the past, as a kid, you were always going to clubs and recording people -- not to sell, but that's bootlegging in its way. So therefore, my attitude actually has often been, if I've seen someone in the audience with a mic, and it's a good performance, I kinda think, 'Well, I'm glad someone's got this on tape, because it's a really good night,' you know? And at least someone's gonna be able to share that."

Clapton, who's on tour promoting his Robert Johnson tribute album Me And Mr. Johnson, hits the Tweeter Center in Mansfield, Massachusetts, for shows this weekend (Saturday, July 3rd, and Sunday, July 4th).