[Slowhand] Re:O.K What's the True Story?

weedweed@tiscali.fr weedweed at tiscali.fr
Sun Jul 4 11:06:21 EDT 2004

Hi,

>why AF-L was not a part of the 2004 tour?
I have the same question, but no clue about it (engaged on somebody else project, or definitely not fiting the new direction EC wanted or just tired of?), so if somebody know let us know.

>Andy Fairweather-Lowe was not everyone's cup of tea as a team
>member of Eric's band

As long as he was member I though he did good job, and still think  the same. But Doyle Bramhall is completly different and more flashy and yes I prefer that style. But the next day of the Cournon show, I met some people at the hotel that that told me that Doyle was not their cup of tea...

>Is he finished as far as EC is concerned?....
>I personally really cannot see him coming back to the band

I don't think so. I merely think that this is Doyle that will be only for a short time in EC band and Andy will be back.
Why?
Because EC has changed of direction a lot in his career, and he needs musicians that can play in different styles. You can find AFL very discreet but he matched with lots of directions EC took whereas Doyle, although beeing a fabulous sideman, maybe won't fit the next direction (he played no accoustic for example).

Just to have an idea listen what did Doyle with Roger Waters (funny, AFL was also part of the band - I enjoyed his "destroy" solo on money very much!).
And Doyle has a solo career, and I don't see him as mainly a sideman musician.

JYB

************************ ADSL ILLIMITE TISCALI + TELEPHONE GRATUIT ************************
Surfez 40 fois plus vite pour 30EUR/mois seulement !  Et téléphonez partout en France gratuitement,
vers les postes fixes (hors numéros spéciaux). Tarifs très avantageux vers les mobiles et l'international !
Pour profiter de cette offre exceptionnelle, cliquez ici : http://register.tiscali.fr/adsl  (voir conditions sur le site)