[Slowhand] Cleveland Show

tim shipp timshipp at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 12 19:28:36 EDT 2004

Attended the Cleveland show on Saturday night, and I'd have to agree with
those posting earlier.....EC was inspired...I've only been fortunate to see
EC 20 or so times since mid 80's, and his playing and singing in Gund were
awesome....some of his better work, IMHO.  Doyle B. is getting MUCH better,
and learning economy and clean notes and bends are more effective than
gyrating and posturing on stage. I was some 25 rows back on the floor,
(thanks to the local ticketbastard guy who showed up 5 min late on May 1
when I got there early to secure a great seat)....seated 4 rows behind the
ONLY chick in the whole place who saw fit to stand up and "dance" during at
least half of the show despite persistent cries of "sit down" from 10-15
people. Hence, we all stood for half of the show. Near fistfight in my row
when old couple found conversation to be preferrable to actually listening
to the show. (Some times you gotta be FIRM). The overall response of the
Cleveland crowd was near rabid in appreciation...seemed like folks who know
their music.

Did anyone out there tape this show??? I'd love to obtain a copy. As I am
burnerless, I'll offer my usual donation of $$ to the Crossroads Centre in
exchange.