[Slowhand] Re: still don't like doyle

Jamie Reid jard at mta.ca
Wed Jul 21 09:49:09 EDT 2004

> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 06:34:18 -0500
> From: "Steve" <smevans at tds.net>
> Subject: [Slowhand] still don't like doyle
> To: <slowhand at planet-torque.com>
>
> Just my opinion, and those of an informal poll in Milwaukee last
> night, so
> no flames please.  Look, for the most part Doyle plays the part of band
> member very well...heck several last night mentioned he just flat out
> looked
> bored with being there, but why does he feel it his place to play
> louder
> than the rest of the band when he feels like it?  Man he just ruined a
> few
> songs last night with his total lack of concern for his volume.

Doyle has no say on how loud he is being mixed - that's up to the sound
man.

This isn't a bar gig where none of the amps are mic'd and so it's up to
the musicians to mix it properly. Each musician's
instruments/amplifiers are mic'd which is fed through a mixing board
(really two - one for the stage monitors and one for the audience), a
guy at the back of the floor adjusts the volume on all the instruments
before it is blasted into the arena. Doyle could crank it up, sure, but
the sound man will just take it down within a few moments- or at least
he should- and if he doesn't, it's not Doyle's fault. Doyle could have
been playing a classical guitar with a sound hole mic rather than his
Strat through two Marshall stacks and the sound man could have made him
too loud.

cheers
jamie

Jamie Reid