[Slowhand] still don't like doyle

Eric Lacroix eric.lacroix at free.fr
Wed Jul 21 09:53:34 EDT 2004

Well,

I don't like doyle so much. Except of his slide soloing on They're Red
Hot (I have the M&MJ in mind, but I think his live version are nice
too).
Concerning him playing too loud, isn't it the 'role' of the man running
the soundboard. Sound levels for the band and the audience are different
settings.
A few months ago, I was playing with a friend's band, and the balance
was not well done for my guitar. When I started to play with the band, I
wasn't able to hear me. I crancked up the volume, and when I talked
later to friends in the audience, they told me that I was far too lound,
since I wasn't hearing me.

My 2 cents,
Eric.
--