[Slowhand] still don't like doyle

Mark Deavult mark at inna.net
Wed Jul 21 17:48:12 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve" <smevans at tds.net>
To: <slowhand at planet-torque.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 7:34 AM
Subject: [Slowhand] still don't like doyle

> bored with being there, but why does he feel it his place to play louder
> than the rest of the band when he feels like it?  Man he just ruined a few
> songs last night with his total lack of concern for his volume.  I don't
> know if he was attempting to get the rest of the band to follow his lead
and
> crank it up a notch perhaps? .....but he would play some of his parts SO
> LOUD that it just unbalanced the entire band.

In an arena setting, unless one has a wall of amplifiers, there is no way to
produce any real stage volume. Note that Doyle's normal stage rig for solo
gigs is two 4x12 Marshall cabs and for the EC tour since EC's playing
through 2x12 Twins, Doyle's using Marshall model 1936 cabs which are also
2x12 for balance.

It's the soundman, not Doyle.  Doyle could turn everything up and with just
a couple 2x12s, unless you were sitting in the seats directly in front of
his amps, you wouldn't notice much difference in an arena setting.

> They had to bring in the folks with the mops twice to deal with the drinks
> they were spilling all over the place.

Funny, I had the same problem with the drunk chicks next to me in Indy, I
ummm "accidentally" kicked over their expensive beers 3 times which at least
bought temporary respite while they went to get more.

Cheers,
Mark