[Slowhand] (no subject)

Trevor trevork1 at iinet.net.au
Thu Jul 29 07:30:51 EDT 2004

Sorry Don Green.

Sadly this once very informative mailing list - discussion group is now
nothing more than a bootleg swap meet. Can't all of these offers be
moved to another locale or list?

Yes, to a certain degree I have got to agree with you, but the majority
of Slowhand fans log on to or receive this newsletter every day and it
can be, for some, their prime site to visit when they do log on.,and
what's wrong with that?.
 I personally look forward to seeing what people have to offer that I do
not already have or am expecting to receive in the next couple of weeks
or so. Thank God, I have some excellent contacts that usually keep me up
to date with new shows.

If you haven't learned it already Eric Clapton doesn't vary his show too
much over the decades. How many nearly identical versions of Layla,
Wonderful Tonight & Badge does one person really need to hear or own.

I can take as many versions of Layla and Badge as Eric wishes to
perform...Yes, a lot of them are very similar...but now and again we get
an absolute masterpiece.  If you want any examples just contact me
privately and I will give dates and venues, but just don't ask me for
copies, co's you won't get them.  And hey, I want those recordings and I
really don't give a hoot who thinks different. Wonderful
Tonight.well.yes maybe it is getting somewhat tired, but it still gets
the masses on their feet at every show..believe me I have been there
seen that..have you been there recently?. Don't you think that Eric
checks out the audience reaction at each show.?.He would have to be
stupid if he didn't. Can you, with your hand over your heart say that
Eric doesn't read this Digest...don't think so......  Cheryl.... He
knows what his audience wants better than anyone... That's why he has
been in the business for over 40 years. And you ain't.

As much as I enjoy hear Eric he is sadly now just spinning his tires.

Let me ask you a couple of simple questions. Just how many shows have
you attended on this U.S Tour? and  how many shows did you attend on the
European Tour?. .Spinning his tires, you have to be joking. This man is
flying. How the hell can you in all honesty make such a statement if you
have not attended one of these shows...I apologise profusely if you
have..but you did not indicate that you had. Please give me one bad
review of this tour by someone that is not respected.

Eric is actually playing here in Seattle tonight and I considered
introducing my son to a Live Clapton concert, but at $120 a ticket it
just doesn't make sense anymore.

I find it hard to believe that if you were really interested in getting
tickets to Eric's concert when they were advertised that you could not
have got them for less than $120 a ticket..
More fool you if you had to pay the scalpers prices.what has that got to
tell you..people want tickets.. and obviously you were not one of
them.hey, maybe you missed out.I was not there!

Sorry Don, your sob story does not wash with me..

 Gotta say that I agree with a lot of what Lucky and Alice Crumpler have
to say...hi guys.

Regards

Trevor