[Slowhand] Livin' a dream

blues4jr at aol.com blues4jr at aol.com
Thu Jul 29 21:38:45 EDT 2004

In the Vail Daily...Some people have all the luck.

John

"The thrills of a classic rock ’n’ rollers lifetime"

J.W. Busby
July 29, 2004

This past Saturday my intention was to go camping. I stopped by to see some friends at our cabin in como, and the next thing I knew I was on my way to the Pepsi Center to see Eric Clapton perform. He had given my friends six tickets.

When we picked our tickets up at will call, there were backstage passes attached. Being an old-time rock ‘n’ roller and lifelong fan of the guitar master, I can’t tell you how excited I was. I had never been to the Pepsi Center, and what an introduction.

There was not an empty seat in the house, and toward the end, people were on their feet, including myself, rockin’ and rollin’. The concert received great reviews and is one I will always remember. After the show, we were invited backstage to Eric’s private room for an introduction. I was the first in, and Eric was sitting on the sofa watching some old “Benny Hill” tapes and chillin’.

I immediately apologized for the interruption and he assured me it was okay. Eric was very cordial and soft-spoken, and he thanked us for coming out. I told him I was a longtime fan and thanked him for all the great music over the years. We got to spend about 20 minutes with the master, and he was off to the next stop of the tour. All in all, it was an experience of a lifetime, which I won’t likely forget.