[Slowhand] Digest overhaul ??

Scott Wallenberg scottw at frazmtn.com
Fri Jul 30 02:35:00 EDT 2004

The digest is what all of us as subscribers wish to put in.
If you are bored with it...start a thread.
 There are many of us who have done just that several times a year just to
get something new going.

Just for the heck of it...I am going to attach a sample of the Allman
Brother's Digest for your entertainment and perusal.  I deleted everyone's
e-mail for privacy. As you can see this thing is not always about the ABB.
There are discussions about the ABB touring with Skynyrd this summer and the
use of the confederate flag in tour posters etc. Links to ABB related
articles, show reviews, general discussions.... This list bounces all over
the map!

What do you all think..?  I would love to see some comments.     Scott

Subject: Hardworking Warren Haynes keeps on truckin' and pickin'

http://theedge.bostonherald.com/musicNews/view.bg?articleid=37633

------------------------------

Subject: When the Beat Fits

http://fairfieldweekly.com/gbase/Music/content?oid=oid:75695

------------------------------

Date:    Thu, 29 Jul 2004 05:29:10 -0400

Subject: Live & lively

http://www.troyrecord.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=12522810&BRD=1170&PAG=461&dept_id=32272&rfi=6

------------------------------

Date:    Thu, 29 Jul 2004 07:17:13 -0400

Subject: Re: flag waving issue

> Regardless of your position on the Stars & Bars,

Don't mean to be picky, but we are not talking about the Stars and Bars, but
the Confederate Battle Flag. Many people incorrectly refer to the
Confederate Battle Flag as the Stars and Bars. They are not the same. Never
were. Here's a link to the flag known as the Stars and Bars.
http://flagspot.net/flags/us-csa1.html

The reason I mention this is to correct something that is commonly
incorrectly named.