[Slowhand] Bill Main - The Hawk

Marco van Rooijen marco at whereseric.com
Fri Jul 30 02:30:51 EDT 2004

The below message was received at Where's Eric! email address, from Mark
Leidig, a friend of Bill Main's. Mark can be reached at
mdleidig at earthlink.net. Mark asked assistance in passing along this
message:

My friend and co-worker Bill Main, appparently well known to his fellow
Eric Clapton Fans as "The Hawk" passed away this past Sunday night, July
25, in his home. He would have turned 54 yesterday (Wednesday). I know
Bill was one of the active members Clapton fan groups, and knew Eric
personally. The obituary is in today's (7/29) Austin Statesman
(www.statesman.com). For those in the area (Austin, TX), there will be a
memorial party for Bill (the way he wanted it) at Zilker Country Club,
200 Zilker Clubhouse Road, Austin, TX, at 6 pm Friday August 6. If more
information on Bill's circumstances is desired, please do not hesitate
to contact me at the email address I've provided.
Mark Leidig
Austin, TX