[Slowhand] EC's vision

Steve smevans at tds.net
Sun Aug 1 12:13:24 EDT 2004

I'm a few years younger than Eric (53) and also have played the guitar for
many years.  Sure as the sun comes up tomorrow, Eric has I'm sure had
problems with his vision, most notably seeing things close up with reading
glasses.  Playing the guitar poses a problem as the fingers/fret board is in
that "unfocused" area where unless correction is worn it is tough to make
things out.  Now granted, Eric can play with his eyes closed in his sleep,
but he still must have to deal with this vision problem.  Does anyone know
if the glasses he wears are bifocals (I've never seen lines) or the no line
bifocals?  I tried the bifocal contacts and they were just weird...and I 'm
wondering if anyone really knows how he deals with this problem of getting
old.

	Steve in Madison, WI