[Slowhand] Sound quality in POPB 2004

weedweed@tiscali.fr weedweed at tiscali.fr
Mon Aug 2 16:01:45 EDT 2004

I was at the show Eric Lacroix talked about (Paris 2004).

I was lucky enough to get the best seat I ever had at the POPB and made benefit my friends. We were 7 and we all agree on one point : this was the very best sound we ever had in that venue, Santana had very good sound in 2002 and 2003, The Rolling had awfwul sound in 2003 and I was in gold section!

So the sound may depends also from where you are located in the venue. I saw EC from the back on his first POPB gig in 2001 with average sound. The day after I was middle venue and sound was much better but after show I met some people located on the ground complaining about the bass mix.

Yes the POPB is not the perfect venue and there are area where sound is gound  (front and down) and some where sound is not, particularly on back and upstairs (echoing but quite less than RAH or even Forest National central ground). It is the reason why I always buy 1st cat. seat or manage to go near front row on ground.

Saddly, when Simon & Garfunkel performed this year for 150 euro per good seat at the POPB we decided not to go.

PS : Cournon had good sound also, I was quite back in the Venue but in the best seats available

Best regards,

JYB

************************ ADSL ILLIMITE TISCALI + TELEPHONE GRATUIT ************************
Surfez 40 fois plus vite pour 30EUR/mois seulement !  Et téléphonez partout en France gratuitement,
vers les postes fixes (hors numéros spéciaux). Tarifs très avantageux vers les mobiles et l'international !
Pour profiter de cette offre exceptionnelle, cliquez ici : http://register.tiscali.fr/adsl  (voir conditions sur le site)