[Slowhand] A Penny For His Thoughts

Nick nrm at houston.rr.com
Mon Aug 2 18:18:14 EDT 2004

As Eric stands and takes his finale bow with his friends and band mates and
looks out at the cheering crowd, in the back of his mind it might sound
like:  This has been an emotionally driven tour for me, the release of "Mr.
Johnson and Me", deliberately setting out to be on top of my game this tour
(due to the fact he was head lining at the Cotton Bowl, he even stated that
playing that gig he better buckle down and get his act together and he did
and I believe this carried over to the end of the tour). I pulled off the
Crossroads Guitar Festival with so many great guitarist, musicians and
friends with the proceeds going to my favorite cause. I can't believe I sold
my guitar collection but the proceeds go to my favorite cause too. My family
is back stand and I can't wait to get to them. His thought of returning to
touring and playing live where he shines the brightest and realizing that he
will not be able to do this kind of playing forever. The support and
friendship of his band, which makes him, sound great. He remembers that
after the tour, the finalizing of the Crossroads Guitar Festival DVD / CD
release and the next album, also the many contacts he made in Dallas. (We
might see a few new faces in the next incarnation of his band?) Yes and a
few weeks off and then back to work, but as he stares out into the crowd
before him he thinks, life doesn't get any better than this.

NickM