[Slowhand] Greetings from Seattle - What Ifs

Green g.reen at gte.net
Thu Aug 5 18:06:52 EDT 2004

What ifs

Considering how much Eric has matured  / changed in his singing, writing and
playing styles since the late 60's early 70's, I would like to ask for
opinions about where do you think Jimi Hendrix would be if still alive.  Of
course I realize all of the deaths and tragedies Eric has lived thru made
him what he is today.

You can go even further and assume Jimi Hendrix, Duane Allman and Stevie Ray
Vaughn were all still around today what do you think they would they be
doing today, music wise.

Keep in mind how other great have aged guitar heroes and Clapton peers like
Peter Green, Mick Taylor, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, Carlos Santana, Leslie West
etc.

The fact that Clapton is still a major draw after all of these years is a
real credit to him. He certainly hasn't live on his past laurels like many
others.

I have posed this question on some other threads in the past and of course
they are very bias toward the threads focus . So I would like to get some
insight from the Clapton crowd.

Also do you think Music would have greatly changed Music assuming they
hadn't died so young and do you think if these artists were still be alive
today, they would have been  strong influences on Eric Clapton and his music
in general..

Sorry for the somewhat off topic question!

Best

Don Green