[Slowhand] Re: Quality

Almighty Geetarz almighty_geetarz at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 5 19:33:27 EDT 2004

apologize.  Let me know and I will send the discs back. I don't know where this leaves me but if no one wants to share with me that's OK, I understand.  I won't be a bad trader, but I won't "polute the pool" either.  I won't try for anymore shows either.  I'm not out to get "something for nothing".

Here's the thing - it's not about "Something for nothing".

If you do something for someone else, only to get something in return - that's not really doing it just to be nice, is it?  That's why a lot of people always include those who don't burn/copy in their offers.  Not everyone has time to trade.  Not everyone has the equipment. That's fine - and it's why we always include everyone in the offers.  Now of course as offers start it's best to seed only to those with burners, to spread things quickly.  But I think you will find that there are a lot of people out there - and I mean a LOT - who will help you out. Most of 'em keep a fairly low profile, 'cause as you can see for whatever reason, at times posting publicly can be sort of like sticking your head over the trench wall during a firefight.  It's okay, some of us wear helmets, but others are smarter and simply keep their heads down, and that's okay.

As far as copying goes - I'm realizing now that as clear as it is to some of us, a lot of people really DON'T know the rights and wrongs.  Working now on a clear guide to that - and will ask for suggestions etc. from slowhanders in the future once we rough draft it.  Don't worry - before it's done we'll ask Nick to proofread it and make sure all the Stewardtits are in the right place - and would not want it any other way.

The part of the rant I am afraid you missed is that part about how for most of us we are brought together by a love for music, and there is a community of people here who DO help each other.  Like I said a lot of it goes on unthanked and unacknowleged publicly, but it's there, just maybe under the radar a bit.  So the point would be - if you want to copy, just do it right - and we'll work together to facilitate that. And if not - no big deal.  In the past I've traded for good english tea (in the US "tea" is a product which produces caramel colored water only), Crunchie bars (inexplicably absent from store shelves in the US), belgian cocoa (hershey's? you gotta be kidding) - and at times nothing more than a "thank you" - which is really all most people really want anyways.

Cheers!