[Slowhand] Re: Slowhand Digest, Vol 3, Issue 425

Jamie Reid jard at mta.ca
Thu Aug 5 21:19:43 EDT 2004

> I have the same iMac for 2 years now - have prolly close to 1000
> bootlegs and have used iTunes to burn everyone of them.  I never
> adjust the volume or eq for it does not effect the burned cd.
I just did some tests with CD-RW, and you are correct - however any
adjustments made to an individual track (such as start/end times and
volume adjustment) are reflected on the final CD, which is what led me
to believe that crossfades, eq adjustment, etc, would be burned. I
stand corrected.

I played around with iTunes and found a much better way of copying the
CDs largely due to the discovery that 'kind' is one of the fields that
the library can be sorted on (had never noticed it before in the
display column menu).

If the quality of the CDs iTunes produces is enough to not piss off
other traders, then I'll probably continue to use it, much happier than
before. Again, my only real complaint with iTunes was that i had an mp3
and an aiff file of the same track in my library that would get played
back-to-back and that I'd have to select the right files (aiffs always
came first... or second... I can't remember now) to drag to the
playlist, which seemed needlessly complicated. I miss useful manuals
with Apple products; there's also a lack of information on the 'net
about duplicating CDs.

Thanks,
jamie