[Slowhand] JAZZIZ

DeltaNick deltanick at comcast.net
Thu Aug 5 21:52:44 EDT 2004

The latest issue of "JAZZIZ," a 20-year-old jazz magazine, is devoted to the
blues. In fact, the August 2004 issue is titled "Blues, Vol. 2."

There are some interesting articles, including an excerpt from Elijah Wald's
book about Robert Johnson, "Escaping The Delta."

However, there's a review of both EC's "Me And Mr. Johnson" and Aerosmith's
"Honkin' On Bobo," which is supposed to be a blues album. Although I haven't
heard the Aerosmith album -- and knowing a bit about Aerosmith's past, I'm
not particularly interested -- the review is scathing in its critique of
EC's effort. It's an interesting review, and it does give EC credit where
credit is due. However, it gives Aerosmith good marks. Now, either the
reviewer really likes Aerosmith, or it's an insulting putdown of Clapton's
recent effort, what I believe is the reviewer's intent. There are quite a
few readers of this digest who would agree with the reviewer. Very
interesting.

If you're in the bookstore and browsing, the review is on p. 55. And read
the review before you comment on this e-mail.

                DeltaNick