[Slowhand] Re: geetarz

Pat Toth iampigpen at comcast.net
Tue Aug 17 23:01:49 EDT 2004

TJ

You know I was fixing to go to bed because my day starts very early but when
my inbox showed new mail
I thought I'd check it out.
I am totally in disagreement with your post.

Let's say for instance the "Soaring With the Hawk" that Almighty mentioned
as recieving 4 bad copies. I was in the
middle of a trade with Bill Main when he passed and as a matter of fact
recieved the Little Rock and New Orleans
'04 shows from him the weekend before he died (I'll in time do something
like a memorial with one of those shows).  I also sent A.Geetarz a copy in
hopes of doing some kind of rememberance for Bill. Well my second disc has a
"pop" on it and god knows what all Mark ran into. So let's say
we need to get a good copy of that "Soaring...". Where do we go after it?
Bill? I'm just saying if traders keep putting
gaps in shows and see nothing wrong with it sooner or later the higher
quality discs will disappear. Or the Groenoorhall 6-11-77 boot I have. Some
moron elected to not to worry about gaps, then traded that show to someone
else.
By the time I got it, the show had been re-edited to take out the gaps but
that sucks just as bad. Hell, even worse because your so close to getting
what you want but so far away. What's the chances of recieving a good copy
of that date? Recieved a copy of the Chicago 4-9-98 show that was an
audience recording. Everyone has the soundboard but it was the first
audience recording I'd seen. Oh, how excited I was. For those of you that's
listened to D&D Fillmore shows through the years and then hear the audience
version tell me.....which is more exciting? Well the disc finally came in
and guess what......not gaps, but like hiccups or micro-gaps...Totally
disgusted and
just trashed it..I couldn't listen to it. You seen an aud recording of that
show?

I also didn't respond to the person trading the Sunday show of the
Crossroads gig that had gaps because (1) I didn't see it (2) The Digest is
getting to be a flea market for traders and (3) I'm sick and friggin tired
of opening the Digest to seeing "The first 3 people that contact me will
get......." so I deleted the entire Digest

I guess I'm trying to say this. Don't piss in the pool that others
enjoy...Find your own

Pat Toth
Knoxville TN