[Slowhand] Re: Offers on the SD - Lulu Wins

Leo Coomans meesaboogie at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 18 05:49:10 EDT 2004

There's a lot that can be said about what The Almighty
told us, but most of all : it is true.
I'm on a few other lists too and it is a shame what's
circulating for the moment. This didn't happen
suddenly, it has been growing for a long time. I see
it with my children's friends : they copy on the fly
as fast that you can't believe it. And now these guys
are polluting the trading world too. Telling them they
rip themselves is no use, they just laugh and carry
on.

On a Steve Earle list one guy was able to pollute the
whole scene by ordening all tracks ad random. It took
a long time before a long-time member discovered this
by checking his track-list with the original setlist.
It seems nearly no-one any longer checks the discs he
or she burns or receives.
A long-time trader and taper on this list, who was so
kind to provide us with excellent recordings from time
to time, no longer offers shows for the same reason
the Almighty told us.

It seems most people no longer are interested in
listening to the music, they collect discs.

I suppose there is little we can do about it except
taking care of those who still like quality.

Leo.