[Slowhand] Re: DVD copy

Almighty Geetarz almighty_geetarz at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 18 07:33:09 EDT 2004

I've got one last question,  though,  regarding DVD reproduction --

I've gotten as far as this:

I've got a DVD of EC with the Dominos in 1970 -- I was told it was either
Cincinnati or Philadelphia -- no matter.

--------------

EEEEK!!! NOOOO!!!! The Horror!!!!!

SOL! You aren't supposed to TALK about that one ... it's ..... (whispering) .... it's
a SOOPER SEKRIT RECORDING.

See, that one is only for members of the EC Sekrit Handshake Club.  How did you
get a copy? It's not supposed to be copied! EVER!  This is the end.  I mean we
can't have actual FANS watching and enjoying a SOOPER SEKRIT recording.

I wish I could illuminate you as to how one gains entry into the SOOPER SEKRIT
club but alas I'm dumb as a box of rocks and have never figured out how to gain
entry myself.  Or maybe I just don't have enough coordination to be able to do the
double-twist-with-leap handshake.

Plus, no one has ever been able to explain to me how a copy of say a 20 or 30 year
old audience recording getting in the hands of someone who will enjoy it will cause
the spin of the planet to swing on its axis.  I mean, here's a little secret - no one
gives a damn, okay?  You can make 100 copies of your favorite audie rec and pass
'em out at the mall like candy, and guess what? No one cares.  I mean, as hard as
it is for collectors to understand, I'll write it again in big bold print since I know many
of you are really really old - NO ONE CARES.  The fact that we as EC fans care is
really nice - but outside this little world, no one cares. Period.

I mean, I know the answer to my own question - it's a bunch of losers with
no life who hold onto this stuff because it somehow adds substance to their own
pathetic existance and somehow makes them feel more special.  "OOOH! Look
what I have and nobody else does!" they crow ... to which I answer, "yep, and I have
an antique 1937 fingerbotter swizzlestick made of the rare dihyidrous plastic with
genuine imitation rhinestones, one of only 27 made" - so who cares?

So Sol - you must NOT view that recording!!!! It is imperative! In the words of Spinal
Tap's Nigel Tufnel ... "no! don't touch it! As a matter of fact, DON'T LOOK AT IT!!!"

Al

http://mail.yahoo.com