[Slowhand] the Almighty is not alone

Shanahan Mowdamowda at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 18 08:42:01 EDT 2004

I can understand Mark's frustration.
But only a little bit.
Mainly because I have not put in the virtual lifetime Mark has into
listening, categorizing, scanning, reviewing, 'web-siting', trading,
collecting.
And I know this has not been a selfish thing.  His site is there for others
to enjoy, and the feedback from hundreds who can appreciate his work can say
a simple "thanks to your web-site I saved myself countless hours and dollars
tracking down the best disc I was after" etc., etc.

And we haven't even touched on the discs that Mark's offered up to the
Digest.

How about the DVDs?

Anyone who has received the NBTB DVD must know this has to be one of the
best Clapton offerings EVER.  Until I received this I wouldn't have believed
how good it was.  To think that originally it was a pissy little mono promo
video.  Someone took the bother to transfer it to DVD.  And to do a
professional job doing it.  Later when the stereo audio was available,
someone went to the bother of over-dubbing that, again not an easy task, and
not one that can be done while you take the dog for a walk. Hours and hours
of syncing sound and visual.

The result, as I have said, absolutely fantastic.  And to think that I would
never have had the opportunity to see and hear this if it wasn't for The
Almighty Geetarz.

So if he says "Fuck all of you", that's okay by me.  Whatever his rules are,
I'm all for them.

Because I haven't put anywhere near the amount of time and effort Mark has
into trying to improve our listening pleasure I have become a little
complacent in standing up and voicing my dismay.  When I see a shitty offer,
I just shrug and feel "if you don't know by now, no amount of instruction is
going to help".

The one thing that continually amazes me is why so many don't seem to
understand two simple things when copying discs:

1. IMAGE COPY (It's what it says) at a slow speed

2. record back to disc at a slow speed.

pretty simple I would think.

Perhaps 5 detailed questions regarding recording techniques could be the
solution.  Instead of geographical limitations we could have technical
specifications.  If you answer 5 correctly you're in.

But, alas, I fear it's too late.

Mark, thanks not only for NBTB, but also for all the help and discs over the
past 6 or so years.

Tone

---