[Slowhand] Re: Palmer / Gaps

Almighty Geetarz almighty_geetarz at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 18 21:25:55 EDT 2004

I have a bootleg from 1991 at the RAH "Play With Fire Revisited" and it really pisses me off that right at the end of I Shot the Sheriff when EC is about to stomp on the Wah and strike that Gm chord to begin White Room that there is a 2 second gap there, it kills the moment.

Amen, drives ya nuts, doesn't it?

I've been struggling to come up with a good explanation of why the gaps bother some of us so much for those who don't "get" it , and think I've finally done it ...

It's like being in the middle of really great sex with your partner ...

... and unexpectedly having your spouse come home and interrupt everything.

Like you said ... it just kills the moment, doesn't it?

;)

Al