[Slowhand] Halcyon Days

Abt, Grant g.abt at ucsm.ac.uk
Fri Aug 20 12:39:26 EDT 2004

Evening viewers,

Just bought Bruce Hornsby's "Halcyon Days" with EC playing on the title
track. It's a very good CD overall and well worth the price, but EC's solo
on the title track is superb. The track itself is a slow to mid tempo,
keyboard number, vaguely similar i think to Jerry-Lyn Williams "Sending Me
Angels". An "atmospheric" feel to it. As usual, EC adds just the right
amount of tasty guitar. It sounds as though he's playing with his fingers,
as opposed to a pick. This gives a beautiful tone. Anyway, i recommend this
track.

It also got me thinking about what would be EC's best guest appearances. For
me, these are the best ones i have:

1. Every Strangers Eyes - Pros and Cons of Hitch-Hiking - Roger Waters
2. I Wish It Would Rain Down - But Seriously - Phil Collins
3. Runaway Train - The One - Elton John
4. Halcyon Days
5. Sending Me Angels - Jerry Lyn Williams

I'd like to add to my list of EC's guest sessions, so can anyone recommend
others?

Grant.

Lancaster, UK.

*****  CONFIDENTIALITY & SECURITY DISCLAIMER  *****
Please note the contents of this e-mail do not necessarily represent the
policies or views of St Martins College. This e-mail message and any
attachments may contain confidential information and should only be accessed
by the intended recipient. If they have come to you in error please advise
the sender by replying to this email and copy your reply to
postmaster at ucsm.ac.uk. In this circumstance you must not disclose, copy,
distribute, use or rely on this email and you should permanently delete it.
Security Warning: Please note that this e-mail has been created in the
knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications medium.
It is advised that you understand and observe this lack of security when
emailing us.
Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this email and
attachments are free from any virus, we cannot accept responsibility for
email once it has left us. You should ensure that you have a suitable anti
virus system in place and check the email upon receipt.