[Slowhand] Re: Roxio/Adaptec

Almighty Geetarz almighty_geetarz at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 21 19:47:32 EDT 2004

>> However, when I upgraded my former-Adaptec now-Roxio
>> software (to version 6 Platinum, if I remember correctly),
>> it literally paralyzed my computer. Numerous telephone calls
>> and online walk-throughs with Roxio did not help,

------------

See, and y'all thought I was kidding about the 'Alien' face-hugger
analogy! Wait until you try to UNINSTALL the EZ-CD-Destructor.
That's when it gets REALLY fun.

Personally I'd still be leery of burning audio extracted with EAC
with the Adaptec/Roxio product because, as I mentioned before,
it will do strangely random things - like just insert a space between
a couple tracks just to see if you're paying attention.

I gotta tell y'all this one ... knowing how vocal I am about that particular
software, imagine the scene the other day when I get a voicemail from
a friend who's not "one of us" ... not a trader, any of that, just a regular
guy who knows I do a lot with audio. The message plays and I hear
"I need you to CALL ME before I throw this *&$*! computer out the
window!!!!". So I called and he said "I know you do a lot of audio stuff,
a friend asked me to make 10 copies of his daughter's demo CD to
give to her friends and it keeps putting these gaps in the copies, but
each of them has the gaps in different places!!!"

I chuckled and said "oh, so what version of EZ-CD are you using???"

There was a pause of about 5 seconds and then he replied "how the hell
did you know that was what I was using???" and that's when the deep belly
laughs started.  And then my friend, who was already at the stage of
deep annoyance and not Mr. Happy Camper, started saying "I don't think this
is so DAMN FUNNY" at which point I went right over the ledge from
belly laughs to outright hilarity and had to pull the car over because I
couldn't see through the tears.

I think I'll forward him the last dozen or so Slowhand Digests and see if he
thinks it's FUNNY YET.

I do!

LOL