[Slowhand] Re: How to Extract and How to Burn

Almighty Geetarz almighty_geetarz at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 21 22:59:57 EDT 2004

>> Download them both, take a day off and figure 'em out and there'll
>> be no more problems. And thanks for all the crap I've been sent as
>> well because I just got about 15 discs in that were out of the mailbox
>> and in the trash in less than 40 minutes today

---------------------

Trash? I heard you took care of bum discs with your vacuum cleaner???

http://www.geetarz.org/temp/pat-vacuum.jpg

Obviously this picture is a FAKE ... if it were really you there'd be a cold
beer on the vacuum!!!!

But fret not Young Grasshopper, for The Almighty doth feel your pain.

Altho it may pain thee, thou must tradest not with Infidels who doth not
follow The Commandments:

1) Thou shalt use standalones or must use EAC configured properly

2) Thou shalt use quality Japan / US made media

3) Thou shalt never burn ON THE FLY

4) Thou shalt always burn DAO

5) Thou shalt not edit or otherwise fuck with recordings.  COPY ONLY.
If thou wishes to remaster, tweak, or edit, thou shalt rename the show
so there will be no confusion.

6) THOU MUST NOT "FIX" RECORDINGS PREVIOUSLY FUCKED UP
BY OTHERS.  If thou cannot suppress this urge, thou shalt turn off thy
PC and go volunteer for a good cause since thou has too much free
time on thy hands.

7) Thou shalt respect names/dates/venues and thou shalt do one's best
to notate these correctly!  Be especially wary of the evil day/month plague,
whereby some write month/day and some write day/month.  This confusion
alone may drive one to start a website!

8) Thou shalt carefully annotate recording info, i.e. thou shalt NOT offer to
the group "the Paris '04 show", one shall keep track of the particular
recording since we all know there are FOUR recordings from that date.  I
Instead one may offer "Red Hot Paris" or perhaps note the actual equipment
used i.e. "Core CSB -> Sony M1 -> PC -> CoolEdit -> CD" etc.

9) Thou shalt listen to thy recordings with thy ears and not copy or trade them
out until thou hast LISTENED to them. Or most of them.  Thou ist NOT required
to listen to any recorded version of "Wonderful Tonight" unlest thou ist Steve
Proctor, who deservest this plague forced upon him.

10) And the hardest commandment of all to follow - as painful and hurtful as it
may be, thou Tradest NOT with those Infidels who follow not these
Commandments, or with those who trade with those who doth not follow
these Commandments. Or those who tradest with those who tradest with those
who tradest with those who followeth not these commandments.  Etc. & Thereforth.

And yes, for those who wonder ... while typing this, I can't shake from my head
that scene in "History of the World: Part I" where Mel Brooks as Moses says:

"I bring you these fifteen" .... *crash* ....."these TEN commandments!"