[Slowhand] my two cents

Jsets jsets at adelphia.net
Sun Aug 22 12:38:00 EDT 2004

Ok Here it goes

2 second gap and buffer underun errors:
1. carelessness
2. old software
3. old burner

The fix:
1. watch what you are doing, only burn don’t do anything else on your
computer, slow down the burning speed.
2. use nero and nothing else (and make sure you select no gaps)
3. get a newer burner with smart burn or burn proof, also have a lot of ram
at least 512 and at least a 1 ghz computer with windows xp  all the earlier
versions of windows screws up way too much . (If you are one of those people
who say they hate xp, then one you have never really tried it or two your
computer is way too old to handle it) I for one don’t miss the constant
rebooting and freezing up that 98 and windows me did.

software for ripping
I use Jet Audio for ripping to shn or flac
I use cdex for ripping to wave (it lets you know if there was any errors
when it rips) I don’t know which was first but cdex and eac looks very much
alike   http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/
Cdex is a great program for those that either cant figure out eac or don’t
like it. I have never had trouble with it so I have never changed.

And finally your copy is only as good as the original you have if it is bad
leave it off your list and don’t trade it.
James

---